Hey, so this is something new I’m trying. Telling you my Yas things – the things I absolutely love right now. My Meh things – that’s what I’m into just because, and the Na – what I’m not about at all
- Sit Down by Kent Jones: I love this song so much because it makes me happy. And like dance party mood
- UNHhhh – this is a web series by Trixie Mattel and Katya (who are awesome drag queens). This show has like 10 minute long episodes and I absolutely love it. It’s perfection
- RuPaul’s Drag Race: two words. The. Bomb.Watch this, love it, cherish it.
- People Watching: Shout out to Mena for putting me on this show. I love it so much, you don’t have to like it, but I would advise you to.
- Podcasts: I love podcasts because I like hearing noise. I like being with people and since I’m not down to hang out with actual humans, I listen to podcasts. My top podcasts are
- Pod Save America: thanks to @heisdope I found this awesome podcast. I love it too much. Who knew democracy could be so funny.
- The Savage Life by Raquel Savage: I love this podcast, but please please this is 20+ maybe even 25+. Haha jk, but it’s x-rated. It is.
- Sociology theorists: I’m a sociology major, and I’ve recently started finding theorists that I LOVE. LOVE THEM. Here they are in no order
- bell hooks: I love her. Her english is simple, her ideas are amazing
- Angela Davis: I don’t know what you’re doing if you care about social justice and you’re not reading her, then wyd boo? She’s awesome sauce. Watch her interviews, read her books, digest her.
- Obaa_boni: I don’t think Obaa is a sociologist, but she is amazing. Anti-sexist, anti-capitalist, anti-classist, anti-racist, anti-ableist etc. She really does it all for me. Even when I don’t agree with all she says, I still end up thinking about how I am complicit in aiding these systems of oppression.
- Judith Butler: She writes a lot about performing gender, and the performative nature, and I just…MIND BLOWN. She’s too awesome, please please. READ HER.
- Riverdale: I’m over this show in a way. The ‘cliff-hangers’ seem really forced. What is up with everyone just being weird 24/7. I just want to know who killed Jason already.
- Netflix as a whole: I feel like I’m over netflix, not because I’m meant to be fasting off it, but simply because it’s not giving me anything. No shows that I really want to get into, I just do reruns now, and reruns be dry.
- Scandal: I never thought the day would come. But I just watched this new episode and I’m so over what Shonda is trying to do. Tired of the new villains, and this whole hullabaloo. And yes I know Shonda isn’t writing the script, but I’m tired.
- Being healthy: I know I’m letting y’all down but ugh. Meal prep sucks, going to the gym sucks. It’s all ass